Dewatering Screw Press (DSP)
Food and Beverage
New South Wales
A pet food manufacturing facility in Western Sydney wanted to reduce its sludge disposal costs from its Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) plant. Following a successful trial to demonstrate the technology and optimise the maximum achievable dry solids (DS) cake, a permanent plant was ordered.
MAK Water delivered a new DSP to site, provided installation assistance and full commissioning of the plant. We were also asked to provide auxiliary equipment (feed pumps, automatic polymer preparation system and raised platform) as a complete turnkey solution.
Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) with integrated flocculation tank and polymer dosing treating DAF sludge with an average concentration of 8% dry solids (DS) / 80,000 mg/L, outputting 18.6% DS content.
MAK Water KEY SOLUTIONS
- Polymer testing and optimisation services
- Plug and play dewatering equipment
- Simple automated solution with low operator input
- Easily integrated to existing process
- Robust and low energy equipment
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- High DS content. Dewatered cake with up to 18.6% DS content achieved
- Technical support. Rapid service and support
- Reduced operating cost. Sludge disposal cost reduce dramatically with payback period of less than 6 months
- Complete turnkey solution.