Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) + Screw Conveyor (SC) + Polymer Preparation & Dosing (ASP)
A mining camp in a remote part of North Queensland was paying increasingly high costs for removal and disposal of liquid waste sludge from its sewage treatment plant. This was further complicated by the fact that road access was cut off by flood events in the wet season, making sludge removal from site impractical for significant portions of the year. During such events the site’s sludge holding capacity was exceeded presenting significant odour and safety risks. MAK Water’s onsite plant operations team proposed a containerised mechanical sludge dewatering solution that offers multiple benefits including reduction in waste sludge handling costs and mitigating environmental risks in the wet season.
Containerised Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) with integrated flocculation tank, polymer preparation & dosing system (ASP) and dewatered cake Screw Conveyor (SC), treating up to 10 kg/h of waste activated sludge with concentration between 2 and 5 g/L.
MAK WATER KEY SOLUTIONS
- Containerised plant which offers
- Equipment protection from harsh environment
- Simple site installation and easy integration with existing processes
- Fully automated dewatering plant with easy to use equipment and low operator input
- Robust and low energy equipment
- Onsite plant commissioning and operator training
- Full time facility management team to support ongoing operations
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- High DS content. Dewatered cake with 15 - 20% Dewatered Solids content achieved
- Reduced operating cost. Dramatic reduction in sludge handling & disposal costs with return on investment payback period of less than 9 months
- Reduced site risks. Reduced environmental risks of odour nuisance, and elimination of potential for liquid sludge spillage
and elimination of potential for liquid sludge spillage