Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis & Continuous Electro- deionisation
Oil & Gas
Karratha, Western Australia
A Gas Plant in Karratha – home to one of the most advanced, integrated gas production systems in the world, where LNG, domestic gas, condensate and LPG is produced, approached MAK Water to assist with a new demineralised water plant. The water treatment plant was a part of a US$5 billion life extension program, to extend the life of the asset by 20 years.
MAK Water has been a long term and trusted supplier to the client; working cooperatively with their contractor during the budgeting phase, MAK Water was awarded the contract to design, manufacture, supply and commission the new demineralised water plant.
De-mineralised water plant: 2 x 325 m3/day trains comprising brackish water reverse osmosis followed by continuous electro-deionisation.
ENGINEERING AND DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- HAZOP, safety in design, operability and constructability studies
- Detailed 3D modelling for human factors engineering
- Client specific drawing & data package, including material certificates/traceability
- Client preferred Form 4A/3B MCCs and PLCs
CONTAINERISED DEMINERALISED WATER PLANT
- Two stage brackish water reverse osmosis (BWRO)
- IonPure continuous electro deionisation (CEDI)
- pH correction, de-chlorination and anti-scalant dosing
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Informed Buyer Model. A fit-for-purpose solution that complies with client specifications in a commercially sensible manner.
- Pre-tested, modular design. Plants were fully assembled and factory tested, and supplied with prefabricated interconnecting piping and cabling for easy site installation.
- Lowest operating cost. Plants were designed to minimise operator intervention, and fitted with remote monitoring and control capabilities.