Rotary Drum Screen (FTR) and Screw Compactor (SCC)
Food & Beverage
New South Wales
A pet food manufacturing facility in Western Sydney wanted to replace an ageing rotary drum screen due to poor screening performance leading to issues with a Dissolved Air Floatation process downstream. They also wanted to replace an existing screenings Screw Compactor that did not provide sufficient dewatering and used too much potable water for washing.
MAK Water was engaged to provide a solution. We delivered an integrated and compact replacement to fit into the existing plant room with minimum impact to operations.
MAK Water’s Rotary Drum Screen (FTR) was selected with and integrated Screw Compactor (SCC) to provide a complete solution.
MAK Water KEY SOLUTIONS
- Effective screening with 0.25 mm wedge wire opening
- Integrated screw compactor option available
- AS-3000 compliant control panel
- Robust and low energy equipment
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- 98% TSS Reduction. At 21 m3/h feed rate analytical testing showed TSS reduction from inlet of 8,100 mg/L to outlet of 170 mg/L.
- High Dry Solids (DS) Content. Screw compactor provided 23% DS and used 60% less wash water.
- Reduced Operating Cost. Downstream DAF required less chemicals, dewatered screenings disposal cost reduced, and less potable water used for washing.
- Complete Turnkey Solution. Compact and integrated solution fitting into existing plant room without modification.