Oil Water Separator (OWS)
MAK Water was approached by a Mining Sector Service Provider to address a compliance issue identified by the local water authority. MAK Water was engaged to design, supply and install a new Oil Water Separator (OWS) unit with a holding tank and transfer pump, to discharge through a Triple Interceptor to Sewer, 30 meters away from the Wash pad.
With consultation of the site, and MAK Water, the local water authority promptly approved the system using a Clearmake Oil Water Separator which is on the authority’s approved list of equipment for trade waste discharge. The local team in Victoria installed the equipment and provided Operator training.
- MAK Water stayed in contact with the site contact, designed and offered a fit for purpose solution.
- MAK Water interacted with the Water authority to work through the proposal and have it approved.
- The Victorian service team installed and commissioned the plant on time and as per design.
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Cost saving. The site was using a vacuum truck monthly, this cost is no longer required.
- Knowledge. The Victorian team were able to design a simple, however suitable application and solution.
- Locality. MAK Water Melbourne is based 25 minutes from the site, which enables a quick response if required to any issues.
- Compliance. Prior to engaging MAK Water, the site was under notification of improvement by the local water authority.
- Reputation. Once MAK Water was engaged the water authority allowed a design/installation timeline. Knowing that the Clearmake OWS would be appropriate for treating water for trade waste discharge