Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis
Oil and Gas
North West Shelf, Western Australia
BHP Petroleum needed to secure their supply of potable and construction water. With no access to surface water and isolated from government supplied potable water, desalination was the best solution.
MAK Water worked closely with BHP Petroleum, their engineer, and the installation contractor, from concept to commissioning, providing the technical expertise to develop a turnkey solution to meet the project’s water treatment requirements.
MAK Water supplied a turnkey, Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (BWRO) desalination plant, including:
- Fully automated water treatment plant with remote monitoring and control
- Design, manufacturing, power supply site installation, commissioning, and service and maintenance.
- Balance of plant including water tanks and diesel generator
- Service and maintenance to ensure system reliability and peak performance, and maximisation of water quality to increase the life of the system.
- All technical support for maximum operational performance.
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Consultative design process. The client engaged MAK Water from the outset to ensure the project requirements were met and the client, engineering team, and installation contractor were across the process.
- Client Specific Standards. MAK Water built the plant in accordance with stringent site-specific oil and gas design requirements.