Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (BWRO)
Goldfields, Western Australia
When a new mining company was planning on restarting operations at an existing gold mine in the Goldfields region of Western Australia, they contacted MAK Water to discuss water treatment options. They required potable quality water for both potable use at the accommodation camp and occasional process use.
The available saline bore water needed to be treated to potable quality and they required a simple, fully automated, robust design, using quality equipment to provide a reliable solution, all at a reasonable cost.
- Plant Reliability. MAK Water’s high quality equipment and robust design has provided reliable operation with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Turnkey Solution. Custom “fit for purpose” design in a durable prefabricated containerised system
- No Dangerous Chemicals. Chemical free pH adjustment and sterilisation for simple and safe operation
- Compliance. Maintains compliance with Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) for potable water
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Custom design and manufacture of a Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (BWRO) plant
- Containerised (1 x 10’) with air conditioning
- Calcite filter for chemical free pH correction
- Ultraviolet steriliser on potable water distribution pump discharge for chemical free sterilisation
- Fast delivery time
- Onsite commissioning and operator training