As the global pandemic took affect throughout the world, and Australia, Victoria in particular has had to work through a prolonged period of time with severe restrictions both in our public lives, and in the work we undertake as a company.
MAK Water has continued to supply our customers with essential services throughout the Global pandemic, and the extended shutdowns. This has kept our customers’ sites operational, enabling food and water supplies to the community and keeping everyone safe. This has involved many steps to safely engage and undertake servicing/commissioning new and existing plants, and supplying sales quotations to new and existing customers.
- MAK Water implemented safe work methodologies, for all staff by implementing the following:
- No visitors to, and limiting staff at the MAK Water Victoria office. Quotes were completed remotely without visiting sites
- Clients were contacted prior to service calls to understand each site’s requirements
- Safety equipment for each staff member was increased, including sanitation, PPE, face shields, coveralls, glasses/goggles/face shields
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Continual service. We were able to enable our clients to operate throughout the restrictions.
- Adaptability. Pre-planning with our clients minimised risk to the site and our team.
- Safety. Our team have the support to stop, and address any areas that may jeopardise the sites operational capacity while working to limitations.
- Compliance. Continual updates and communication with our clients, and MAK Water nationally has minimised any exposure to staff/clients/family and the public.