Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (BWRO)
Food and Beverage
New South Wales
An independent contract brewing and beverage packaging company was building a new facility that required scheme water polishing to create high purity water to use in the brewing process.
MAK Water worked closely with the client to design a fit for purpose, long term solution that met the specified requirements for feed water for brewery production.
A 500 kL/day BWRO to polish scheme water to remove free chlorine and reduce TDS & chloride to prevent corrosion in the stainless steel pipework and tanks.
Brackish water osmosis – Scheme water treatment
- Custom BWRO with blend line to minimise waste stream generated and power consumption
- PLC control blended flow to keep treated water in spec
ClearAccessTM remote monitoring for real time monitoring of process data, automatic alerts on alarm conditions, remote monitoring & operation
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Lowest total operating cost. Plants were designed to minimise operator intervention, reduce reject, and minimise power & chemical consumption
- Technical Support. Expert advice and consultation throughout the design and delivery phases. Service Agreement to provide ongoing technical support, service & maintenance
- Local. The plant was built in Australia using materials sourced from local suppliers. Providing superior build quality and spare part availability
- Plant Reliability. Custom design and quality equipment will provide reliable operation with minimal maintenance.