Dewatering Screw Press (DSP)
Food and Beverage
Wingfield, South Australia
A meat processing plant in Adelaide wanted to reduce its disposal costs for the sludge from its Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF) plant. Following a technical review of different sludge dewatering processes a Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) was identified as the best solution in the application. A trial dewatering screw press was installed to build a business case for the capital expenditure.
MAK Water was selected to provide a 4-week trial of a sludge dewatering plant with optimised coagulant dosing for maximum dry solids (DS) caking, and commissioning assistance.
Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) treating 100 kg/hr of DAF sludge at 10% (DS).
MAK WATER KEY SOLUTIONS
- Plug and play dewatering equipment
- Simple automated solution with low operator input
- Easily integrated to existing process
- Polymer optimisation for site specific sludge
- Robust and low energy equipment
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Pilot plant success. Dry cake with high solids content achieved, enabling business to instantly justify purchase of a permanent DSP
- Fast delivery. Hire plant delivered and commission on site within 2 working weeks
- Technical support. Rapid service and support
- Reduced operating cost. Sludge disposal cost reduce dramatically with payback period of less than 6 months