Gravity Clarification (GC)
Pemulwuy, New South Wales
SuperCharge Batteries generates wastewater from the battery manufacturing process line.
The wastewater needed to be treated to meet trade waste discharge requirements. This included heavy metal removal, pH adjustment and data logging of discharged effluent quality and volume.
MAK Water offered a turnkey custom solution, including:
GRAVITY CLARIFICATION SYSTEM
- Fully automated custom system capable of treating up to 3,000 L/h of wastewater generated from the battery manufacturing process line
- Heavy metal removal via precipitation and clarification
- pH Adjustment for discharge compliance
- Custom programmable logic control (PLC) and instrumentation including data logging of discharged effluent quality and volume
- Automated waste/sludge handling and storage system
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey solution. MAK Water designed and built a custom treatment system to meet the clients discharge requirements. This was a fully automated system with minimal operator input required
- Compliance. The treated water is trade waste compliant for site disposal to sewer
- Lowest total operating cost. By treating on site rather than having to truck waste off site for disposal, this solution has the lowest total operating cost.