Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)
Food and Beverage
An abattoir in Melbourne had wastewater from its manufacturing process discharging into the local sewage network. The facility needed to improve its trade wastewater treatment system in order to comply with the local authority discharge permits.
MAK Water was commissioned to supply and install an onsite wastewater treatment plant. Suspended solids, biological oxygen demand (BOD), and oil and grease were the main contaminants that needed to be reduced through the treatment process.
DISSOLVED AIR FLOTATION (DAF)
- Capable of treating 6,000 L/h of wastewater from the production facility, to meet South East Water trade waste discharge standards, this system removes suspended solids, oil and grease and BOD.
- DAF system included pH adjustment, flocculent and polymer dosing
- Supply and onsite installation of interconnecting pipework and electrical cabling
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Compliance. Compliance with South East Water’s trade waste standards.
- Automation. Fully automatic process with minimal operator involvement.
- Lowest total operating cost. This solution enabled the site to reduce its trade waste discharge costs and therefore lower total operating costs.