pH Adjustment - Batch
Brisbane Airport, Queensland
Laboratory services at Brisbane Airport needed to treat the wastewater from their on-site laboratories to ensure it could be safely and compliantly discharged to sewer.
MAK Water proposed a Containerised pH Adjustment Batch System capable of treating up to 1,000l/h of acid wastewater
MAK Water supplied a turnkey customised system specifically designed to meet the laboratory’s requirements. It collects waste streams from all areas of the laboratory in a holding tank which is batched in a separate tank and recirculated to neutralise the pH with acid addition. Once the batch meets the criteria for safe discharge it is pumped out to trade waste.
The solution included:
- A containerised pH adjustment batch system capable of storing and neutralising laboratory waste.
- Capability of treating up to 1,000 litres per hour of acid wastewater from a cement testing laboratory.
- pH monitoring and temperature, acid dosing and a fully automated control system.
- Data logging of pH for environmental discharge licence compliance.
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Compliance. The waste water treatment system complies with local council sewer discharge requirements.
- Lowest total operating cost. By treating on site this eliminated the requirement to truck waste off site for disposal, and reduced operational costs.
- Turnkey solution. MAK Water designed, manufactured, delivered & installed a custom treatment system to meet the clients’ discharge requirements.