Dissolved Air Flotation & Oil Water Separator
Wetherill Park, New South Wales
A large international company that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products, required a wastewater treatment solution to treat effluent from the wash bay at their reconditioning facility to a standard complying with Sydney Water trade waste guidelines.
MAK Water was asked to undertake a comprehensive bench testing program and subsequent validation of the proposed wastewater treatment process. The client then engaged MAK Water to design, manufacture, install and commission a plant to treat up to 20,000 litres a day of wash bay water contaminated with oil & grease.
The design incorporated an oil water separator (OWS), Flocculation and dissolved air floatation (DAF) processes to remove solids, oil and grease contaminants from the effluent.
- Plant built on a modified flat rack for ease of transport
- Flat rack was customised to include an integrated bund to capture any minor spills
- Bench testing to confirm compliance with trade waste discharge compliance
- Removal of existing equipment, supply and onsite installation of modular treatment equipment
- Onsite commissioning and training of local operators, with an ongoing service and maintenance agreement
- ClearAccess™ Remote Monitoring and Control
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey Solution. Design and construction of wastewater treatment system
- Compliance. The wastewater treatment system complies with local council sewer discharge requirements.
- Automation. Fully automated process with minimal operator involvement