Multimedia Filtration (MMF)
Food and Beverage
Griffith, New South Wales
Warburn Farm needed to improve the water quality for its poultry farm which was supplied by dam water. The water quality in the dam can vary seasonally as well as being affected by daily rainfall. Therefore it was important that the solution was flexible for varying feed water quality.
MAK Water was selected to design and manufacture the system to treat the dam water for feeding livestock on the poultry farm as it offered a flexible solution with low operating costs.
CUSTOM ENGINEERED SOLUTION
- Custom design and manufacture of a 1,000 m³ per day containerised Multimedia Filtration (MMF) plant
- MAK Water has customised the design to suit the project’s specific requirements including utilising existing onsite infrastructure
- Solution tailored to treat the dam water onsite
- Online monitoring of plant with ClearAccess™ Remote Monitoring
- Robust process design allowing for variable feed water quality throughout the year
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Minimal Operator Requirement. High level of automation and online monitoring allow for minimal operator input.
- Plant Reliability. The high quality equipment and robust design has provided reliable operation with minimal maintenance
- Lowest total operating cost. The solution was designed to have very low operating cost, using no chemicals and no consumables. Full automation allows for a very low level of operator intervention and reduces the client’s operating costs.