Re: Coronavirus Outbreak – Impact and Measures – MAK Water
Due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), MAK Water has set up a task force and various working groups within the Company. These coordinate all necessary measures within the Company and ensure smooth internal and external communication.
Our goal is to continue to optimally support our customers. The current situation is as follows:
- MAK Water has ensured material availability in all plants worldwide for the coming weeks.
- We are working hard to ensure that these materials remain available beyond this period.
- Wherever possible, we are pursuing a dual sourcing strategy in procurement, ideally from sources in different countries or on different continents.
- For critical components, we have safety stocks, which we are currently expanding.
- In an emergency, our efficient global transportation network enables us to deliver most base parts of our product portfolio worldwide within 72 hours.
- All our production facilities are currently fully operational.
In order to assume our responsibility and protect our customers, employees, and partners from possible infection, we have taken the following measures, among others:
- We are temporarily halting business trips to or from affected countries.
- We have cancelled our own international meetings and events.
- If employees or people from their close environment have returned from affected countries, they may only return to their workplace after a 14-day private quarantine at home with a clearance (fit for work) certificate.
MAK Water also maintains an extensive IT infrastructure supported and designed by our internal IT department. This infrastructure allows all customer facing Employees full access to our Business Systems remotely allowing us to maintain contact and respond to enquiries, even if local quarantines are enacted.
MAK Water is taking actions to minimise the risk and to facilitate business continuity during the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 virus. As this is a fast-changing environment we are continually reviewing our actions and adjusting strategies accordingly.