Rotary Drum Screen FTR
The Rotary Drum Screen model FTR removes solids from industrial wastewater streams. The Rotary Drum Screen consists of a rotating filtering or screening drum that is fitted in a tank.
Wastewater entering the tank through the inlet port contacts the external surface of the rotating drum via a specially designed flow distributor. Screened water flows through the drum screen surface to the outlet port.
The captured solids or screenings are removed from the external surface of the drum by a fixed scraper. The screen element is kept clean by a washing system fitted inside the drum.
As an option, the Rotary Drum Screen can be supplied with an integrated Screw Compactor (SCC) to provide for washing and dewatering the captured screenings.
Internally Fed Drum Screen
Here at MAK Water, we’re a leading supplier of a range of water treatment, wastewater and sewage solution products. The REKO Internally Fed Drum Screen TM is a free-standing unit used for the separation of settling solids from waste water. It processes water by means of an internally-fed rotating drum screen. Requiring low investment and very little maintenance, this product is perfect for those looking for an efficient and affordable drum screen.
Static Bow Screen
REKO static bow screens are free-standing units used for the separation of settling solids from wastewater and process water by means of a
bended wedge wire screen plate. It requires low investment and very little maintenance.
The wedge wire screenplate is mounted in a stainless steel housing and is formed with a radius giving maximum hydraulic capacity giving the
driest possible solids separation.
- Advantages of the REKO static bow screens
- Low investment and operating costs
- Minimal control and operation
- High capacity with fluctuating flow rates
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
REKO Screw Separators are free-standing units used for the separation of settling solids from waste water and process water by means of sedimentation. It requires low investment and very little maintenance.
Advantages of REKO screw separators
- Compact construction
- Minimum operation and maintenance costs
- No bearings, as the shaftless screw conveyor rotates in a HMPE Liner with a low rotation speed
- The shaftless design means that larger particles can be separated easily
Fields of application
- vegetable, fruit and potato processing industry
- sugar industry
- shellfish processing industry
- horticulture industry
- chemical and petrochemical industry
- mining and minerals industry
- steel industry
- concrete and cement industry
- waste recycling industry
- bioenergy industry
- sewage water treatment
Model SS-mK or SS-oK [-mK denotes with compaction and –oK without compaction]
The screw screen provides screening of solids from raw sewage or from wastewater in industrial applications. The screw screen is designed for installation in a concrete channel. As standard the system includes compaction of screenings and washing in the compaction zone.
The compactor, located at the end of the transport section of the screw, carries out the compaction and dewatering of screenings to reduce the weight and volume of captured screenings.
- Low maintenance and low initial investment
- Self-cleaning with brushes fitted on the screw
- High solids removal efficiency
- Up to 50% reduction in volume & weight of screenings after compaction
- Transport section: tubular or U-section
- Transport section: longer/shorter lengths available
- Inlet flow rate; up to 1,250 m3/h
- Screen element options;
- Rounded holes 3-10mm
- Wedge wire 0.25-3mm
Screw Screen in Tank
This packaged screw screen provides primary treatment for untreated sewage.
The SSB-mK screw screen is equipped with a stainless steel tank to allow installation where a concrete channel is not available. The tank is complete with flanged inlet and outlet pipe stubs.
The tank can be fitted with an optional bypass chamber (as contingency if the main screen overflows) fitted with a manually cleaned bar screen. The system includes screening compaction at the end of the conveying section of the screw.
Due to small footprint, minimal civil works required, and ease of installation, the Screw Screen in Tank offers a simple and low cost solution for small wastewater treatment applications and septage receival facilities.
Rotating Drum Screw Screen
Model SSTF Rotating Drum Screw Screens with integrated screenings compaction
Rotating Drum Screw Screens offer very high removal efficiency of floating and suspended materials (screenings) at low head loss. Typically these screens are selected for fine screen applications. These screens can be installed directly in a channel or in a separate tank. Due to the design of the screen, no by-passing of flow is possible, resulting in high removal efficiency. As standard this machine includes compaction of screenings.
Rotating Drum Screw Screens are available in various sizes and capacities, with drum diameter (therefore channel width) varying between 600 and 1600 mm. The screen element can be either perforated holes (with aperture range 1 to 5 mm) or wedge wire (with aperture 0.25 to 3 mm).
Compact Screen & Grit Removal Package
This primary treatment machine provides screening and grit removal in a single compact process package plant.
First, the untreated sewage passes through a screw screen that removes the larger floating and suspended materials (screenings). The screened sewage then travels through a sedimentation tank where sand and heavier particles (grit) settle, for removal by a system of screws.
As an option, this system can be configured to remove fats, oils & grease (FOG).
Grit Removal System
MAK Water is Australia’s most trusted supplier of water treatment, wastewater and sewage solution products. The Grit Removal System offers the same benefits as the Screen & Grit Removal Package but does not include any screening.
The Grit Removal System is designed to provide grit removal pre-treatment in a single packaged unit process. This machine has a flanged inlet for connection to pumped or gravity inflow, as well as a flanged outlet. Influent passes through a sedimentation tank, where heavy particles (sand and grit) settle to the bottom. Sand and grit are removed from the sedimentation tank via a system of screws. A horizontal shaftless grit conveying screw transports settled grit to the sump. Grit is then removed from the sump via a shafted extraction screw which lifts the grit from the tank for discharge into a bin. A blower can be installed as an option in the sedimentation tank to assist with fluidising the settled sand and grit. The blower can also provide classification for easier removal by the extraction screw. This compact system can also be configured to remove fats, oils and grease as an added option.
Screening & Grit Handling
MAK Water’s wastewater screening, grit removal and handling equipment is designed and manufactured as part of a comprehensive range, as used primarily in municipal wastewater treatment plants. This range of equipment is also suitable for solids separation treatment for various processes in the following industries:
- Food industries, including fruit, vegetable, fish and meat processing, milk and cheese producers
- Beverage industries, including brewery, distillery, wine making
- Chemical industries, including plastics, paints, solvents, oil, greases
- Textile Industries including tanneries, laundry
Our Wastewater Screening & Grit Handling Equipment Meets Australian and NZ Standards
All wastewater screening & grit handling equipment is manufactured to the highest quality of material and workmanship, to meet Australian and New Zealand Standards (AS/NZS). Selected technical features include:
- Design incorporates AS/NZS safety requirements including safety switches, drive guarding, and maintenance accessibility.
- Equipment materials of construction:
- Screens and carpentry in AISI 304L stainless steel or AISI 316L stainless steel
- Screws in painted carbon steel, or AISI 304L stainless steel or AISI 316L stainless steel
- Surface treatments:
- Stainless steel parts: Stripping with acid solution, Passivation with glass particles, Final surfaces cleaning with anti-dust oil
- Carbon steel parts: Sandblasting SA 2,5 and external anti-rust paint RAL 5015
- Nord drives (motor and gear box are incorporated) these are very reliable and readily serviceable in Australia
- Controls panels (where supplied) are compliant with AS/NZS 3000.
MAK Water also has an exclusive distribution agreement with REKO and EVOTECH for the sale and distribution of their products in Australia and New Zealand. This agreement utilises MAK Water’s local service and support offices to ensure customers get the best technical information, and ongoing aftersales support, for EVOTECH and REKO screening products
As Australia’s leading independent water treatment systems manufacturer, service and maintenance provider, MAK Water can provide you with the right equipment or solution. For more information about our wastewater screening & grit handling equipment contact us today on 1300 669 032.
MAK Water’s Range of Wastewater Screening & Grit Handling Equipment