Oil Water Separator (OWS)
Pilbara Region, Western Australia
The owner of a lithium mine undergoing expansion near Port Hedland in Western Australia required assistance with the treatment of wastewater from a new HV washbay under construction. The requirement was for initial Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon (TPH) reduction via an Oil Water Separator, prior to additional equipment for treatment to a level suitable for either reuse in the HV washbay or discharge to environment.
MAK Water worked closely with the owner’s engineering consultant to review the HV washbay design, specific site requirements and provide the best possible solution. MAK Water’s Clearmake™ vertical tube coalescing separator was selected as the cost-effective solution.
50 m3/hr Oil Water Separator with floating suction skimmers and access stairway.
MAK WATER KEY SOLUTIONS
- 2 x 25 m3/hr (CL30) frame mounted separators with feed pumps and control panel
- 2 x Floating suction skimmers (SK-80) with screen and vacuum delivery hose
- Access stairway between OWS systems
- Mine spec control panel common to both OWS
- Onsite plant commissioning and operator training
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Technical Support. Expert advice and consultation with all parties throughout the selection process
- Simple Design. Vertical tube coalescing (VTC) technology with minimal moving parts and ability to deal with varying raw water quality without the need for adjustment or calibration
- Ease of Maintenance. Custom access stairway for safe access to equipment during maintenance
- Fast Delivery. 11 weeks, manufacturing process was fast tracked to achieve the required project timeline