Sea Water Reverse Osmosis, Sodium Hypochlorite Sterilisation, Activated Sludge Bioreactor, Packaged Sewage Pump Stations
Laverton, Western Australia
The Mt Morgans Gold Project is located in the Laverton gold district – the second highest endowed gold district in Western Australia (behind Kalgoorlie) and the highest growth gold district in Australia over the last 25 years.
In April 2017 the $107.1M engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract, to construct the project’s treatment facility and supporting infrastructure, was awarded to a reputable Perth based engineering firm.
MAK Water had supported the EPC contactor throughout the scoping and feasibility study phases, and was subsequently engaged to construct the desalination plant, to supply the mine’s process and potable water requirements, as well as a packaged sewage treatment plant for the mine offices/administration area.
Containerised 450 m3/day Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) plant, designed to treat ground water with up to 35,000 mg/L of dissolved solids.
Activated Sludge Bioreactor (ASBR) sewage treatment plant and four (4) packaged sewage pump stations.
POTABLE & PROCESS WATER SYSTEMS
- Pre-filtration for suspended solids removal
- SWRO plant designed for high TDS feed water
- Permeate pH correction with caustic dosing
- Potable water disinfection via sodium hypochlorite dosing, with tank recirculation and online monitoring
SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT
- ASBR with corrosion resistant fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) bioreactor, with internal balance tank and plant room
- Treatment to Class C (low risk) for disposal to the tailings dam
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Reliability. MAK Water’s plants are renowned for reliability and ease of operation: quality products delivered on time.
- After-sales Support. Service & maintenance agreement with monthly site visits for peace of mind.
- Lowest Costs. MAK Water offered a project discount to the EPC contractor, and ongoing savings for spares and consumables to the end user.