One of the largest Public Services companies in the world approached us to investigate and report on signs of premature degradation that was occurring on several of their waste water plant roofs.
The tank roofs were corroded in the areas where the ventilation system was not effectively removing hydrogen sulphide (H2S).
Rather than just replace like for like, MAK Water instead delivered a smart long term solution by providing better surface treatment to the tank structure and overhauled the scrubber system to reduce corrosion in the future.
UPGRADED SURFACE TREATMENT
- Galvanised trusses and colourbond roof sheets were blasted and treated with an additional epoxy coating.
- Extended life and greater resistance to corrosion.
UNINTERUPTED SEWAGE TREATMENT
- Zero impact on the core business
- Temporary modifications to the system eliminated the need to transport waste off-site during the upgrade works.
OVERHAUL OF CARBON SCRUBBER VENTILATION
- Existing ventilation system was not operating as designed.
- Modify existing system to improve ventilation
- Lower hydrogen sulphide levels as a result of improved air flow reduces long term corrosion.
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey solution. MAK Water completed the entire task, from Carnage to clean-up letting the client focus on their core business.
- Lowest total project cost. By eliminating the need to transport waste offsite the project was delivered with upgraded materials at a lower total cost.
- Safe and Compliant. Engineered and certified equipment you can trust.