Dewatering Screw Press (DSP)
Food and Beverage
New South Wales
A pet food processing plant in Western Sydney wanted to reduce the high disposal costs for its Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) sludge. Following a technical review of different sludge dewatering processes, a Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) was identified as the best solution for this application.
MAK Water was selected to provide a pilot sludge dewatering plant to trial a dewatering screw press over a 2-week period as proof of concept.
Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) with integrated flocculation tank and polymer dosing treating DAF sludge with an average concentration of 8% dry solids (DS) / 80,000 mg/L.
MAK Water KEY SOLUTIONS
- Plug and play compact sludge dewatering equipment with small footprint
- Set-up and commissioning assistance provided to optimise plant settings and performance
- Optimised polymer selection and dosage rate for site specific sludge
- Quick delivery to enable immediate trialling
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Pilot plant success. Dewatered cake with up to 18.6% DS content achieved
- Pressate with low solids content. DSP pressate demonstrated solids recovery of >99%
- Polymer optimisation. Specialist polymer knowledge provided polymer optimisation for maximum DS cake with polymer consumption rate of 2-4 g/kg
- Reduced operating cost. Sludge disposal cost eliminated as cake is rendered down for product
- CAPEX Approved. Pilot demonstrated business case for approval of permanent full-scale dewatering screw press plant