Gravity Clarification (GC)
Infrastructure and Urban Development
In 2005 a Clearmake™ 3,000L per hour wash down recycling system was designed, installed and commissioned for Peachey Constructions. After close to a decade’s successful operation, it was time for a system overhaul. To coincide with the overhaul Peachey Constructions decided to upgrade the system to incorporate the latest technology available by MAK Water. This upgrade ensured optimum treated water quality and minimised operational costs.
MAK Water (trading as Clearmake™ at the time) worked with Peachey Constructions to review the operation and performance of the existing system and developed an upgrade program to maximise system performance while minimising capital and operational expenditure. The solution included:
Upgraded Chemical dosing pumps
- Increase in efficiency of chemical usage
- Optimisation of chemical process
Updated Clarifier design
- Improvement in solids separation efficiency
Updated control system
- New user interface
- Simplified plant control
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- System Upgrade. The upgraded system operates at current best practice efficiency.
- Usage elimination of potable town water. Continued recycling of the wash down water eliminating the use of potable town water.
- Elimination of sewer discharge. Elimination of sewer discharge from wash down operations.