Sodium Hypochlorite Disinfection - Recirculated (SHDR)
Pilbara Region, Western Australia
The owner of a lithium mine undergoing expansion near Port Hedland in Western Australia required assistance with the treatment of wastewater from a new heavy vehicle (HV) washbay. The requirement was for initial Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) reduction via a MAK Water Oil Water Separator (OWS), prior to additional treatment to a level suitable for either reuse in the HV washbay or discharge to environment.
MAK Water designed and manufactured a custom SHDR plant to provide both disinfection and pH adjustment of pre-treated wastewater. MAK Water worked closely with the owner’s engineering consultant to review the HV washbay design, specific site requirements and provide the best possible solution.
- Containerised (1 x 10’) with air conditioning to minimise stored chlorine heat degradation.
- Recirculation of clients’ wastewater tank, treating up to 800 m3/day
- Dual chemical dosing of chlorine for disinfection and acid for pH adjustment
- Continuous online monitoring of free chlorine and pH levels with automated chemical dosing
- Onsite plant commissioning and operator training
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Technical Support. Expert advice and consultation with all parties throughout the selection process
- Water Recycling. Treated wastewater is reused in the HV washbay.
- Easy Installation. Containerised plant for easy transport and onsite installation.
- Plant Reliability. Custom design and quality equipment will provide reliable operation with minimal maintenance