Demineralised Water Reverse Osmosis (DMRO)
Hamersley Ranges, Western Australia
The power plant supplying power to one of Australia’s largest mining companies required demineralised water, with electrical conductivity of <1 µm/cm, for use in compressor washing, chilled water system makeup, and the fuel oil centrifuge.
As the power plant was in an isolated remote location a robust solution to suit the harsh environment was required MAK Water was asked to provide a plant with client-specific engineering and documentation standards.
MAK Water offered a containerised two pass Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant with pre-RO carbon filtration and caustic dosing, and post-RO mixed bed ion-exchange polishing filtration for guaranteed long-term performance of the plant.
- Ease of on-site installation
- Easily transportable
- Protection from harsh conditions
Two Pass RO Plant
- Robust design to ensure compliance with the treated water specification with varying feed water supply.
- Ion exchange resin for treated water polishing and pH stabilisation.
client-specific engineering AND documentation
- Customised documentation package.
- Compliance with client-specific electrical and mechanical engineering standards.
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Quick response. The RO plant was designed and delivered in only 10 weeks.
- After sales support. Laboratory testing was provided to ensure treated water compliance, with the service and maintenance provided by MAK Water’s local service office.