Demineralised Water Reverse Osmosis (DMRO)
Tourism and Leisure
Burswood, Western Australia
When Crown Resorts wanted to reduce the maintenance costs of their kitchen equipment, they asked MAK Water to review the operation and propose a solution.
Regular scheme water contains enough impurities to allow scale to build up in the steamers and dishwashers causing premature failure. Reverse osmosis removes these impurities, preventing scale and extending the life of steamers, glass washers and other kitchen equipment.
MAK Water were engaged to build a Demineralised Water Reverse Osmosis (RO) Plant to provide high quality, demineralised, water to the hotel’s kitchen.
MAK Water supplied a skid-mounted Demineralised Water Reverse Osmosis (DMRO) Desalination Plant.
- Compact design to minimise footprint
- Ease of on site installation
- High quality water produced
- Fully automated for minimal operator input
- Service contract to ensure reliable operation
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Quick Payback. With a payback period of less than two years, the Crown Resorts has subsequently installed two further MAK Water RO plants in its other kitchens.
- Lower total operating cost. Prior to installing the RO plant, the Crown combi-steamers required element replacements every six to 12 months. Thanks to the new RO plants, this has increased the life expectancy of the elements and life cycle of the steamers to greater than five years.
- Operation and Maintenance. MAK Water has provided operational and maintenance support for each of the plants installed, providing peace of mind to the client that the plants will continue to operate efficiently.