Oil Water Separator (OWS)
The Amrun project needed robust oily wastewater treatment solutions that could separate hydrocarbons in the wastewater streams from their workshops, fuel storage and refueling areas, maintenance & vehicle wash bays, and bioremediation pad.
The mine site is remote and requires highly reliable and efficient equipment which allows the operation to maintain high availability and meet the mine sites environmental targets.
The oil water separators and site sewage treatment plant (STP) were packaged together for this project to leverage MAK Water’s experience in delivering water treatment plants to the mining industry. The oily water treatment scope was to design and construct eight Oil Water Separators (OWS) to treat wastewater prior to discharge.
- ClearmakeTM Vertical Tube Coalescing technology
- Skid mounted separators, pumps and controllers
- Project preferred electrical equipment in line with customer specifications
- 8 off individual separators supplied
(6x CL3.0, 1 x CL5.0’s, 1x CL 30)
- Lightweight Vertical Tube Coalescing technology with no moving parts enables easy maintenance
- Modular design enabled easy transport and installation
- ClearmakeTM separators already approved for use by local regulator (no additional approvals required)
- 100% designed, constructed and tested off-site
- All 8 systems used the same operating philosophy and control system
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Compliant wastewater. ClearmakeTM Vertical Tube Coalescing technology guarantees water treated to comply with discharge requirements
- Automated, reliable plant. Low level of operator intervention reduces client’s operating costs
- Project compliance. MAK Water met the project specifications and vendor data requirements