Goldfields-Esperance Region, Western Australia
Due to the impacts of climate change, Western Australia’s municipal water provider undertook an expansion of existing water infrastructure to increase groundwater abstraction for Perth’s potable water supply.
As part of the expansion of the Neerabup Ground Water Treatment Plant, the construction contractor needed to treat media filter backwash wastewater for solids removal prior to recycling back into the treatment process.
MAK Water underwent sample bench testing to confirm process design and worked closely with the engineering consultant and the WA Water Corporation to confirm final equipment selection.
MAK Water was selected to provide a compact Lamella Clarifier with custom equipment package.
- Lamella Clarifier (LC) to treat up to 150 m3/hr of backwash wastewater.
- In-house initial and post award sample bench testing
- Flocculation system (elevated tank with mixers)
- Chemical dosing system
- Static mixer and sludge scraper
- Access platform and staircase
- Custom equipment, electrical and documentation package to comply with client specifications
- Onsite mechanical and electrical integration
- Onsite plant commissioning and operator training
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Process Design. Initial and post award sample bench testing to confirm process design and equipment selection
- Compact Footprint. Lamella Clarifier selected to suit site requirements
- Technical Support. Expert advice and consultation with both parties throughout the process
- Onsite Support. site integration, commissioning and operator training
- Compliant. custom package for compliance with client specifications and site requirements