Internal Fed Drum Screen (IFDS)
Pilbara, Western Australia
A large mining company approached MAK Water as their mine site was plagued with ongoing issues surrounding unscreened wastewater entering their sewage treatment plant. Increased maintenance requirements and premature failure of downstream equipment motivated the mining company to reach out to MAK Water – The Smart Water People with a documented history of providing effective wastewater solutions.
MAK Water proposed a solution to screen the wastewater and effectively treat the source water by removing all solids less than 2mm eradicating equipment failure downstream and meeting the client’s key requirements of affordable, low maintenance and turnkey solution.
Supply and commissioning of a frame/skid mounted REKO Internally Fed Drum Screen, designed to treat 35m3/day of wastewater from a sewage feed source.
- Factory tested, Turnkey Package
- MAK Water standard control system and instrument package
- Onsite commissioning and operator training
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey solution. The primary treatment screen comes fully assembled and factory tested, and is provided with the necessary maintenance and operation manuals.
- Product Quality. The screen is manufactured in Europe of high quality stainless steel. Reko’s experience design and building hundreds of similar screens combined with MAK Water’s process experience ensures a robust and reliable system.
- Lowest total operating cost. All downstream equipment benefited from the elimination of inorganic solids contaminating the system.
- Plant Reliability. Custom design and quality equipment will provide reliable operation with minimal maintenance