Dewatering Screw Press (DSP)
Food & Beverage
A meat processing plant in Adelaide wanted to reduce its disposal costs for the sludge from its Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF) plant. Following a technical review of different sludge dewatering processes a Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) was identified as the best solution in the application. A trial dewatering screw press was installed to build a business case for the capital expenditure.
Following a successful 4-week trial of a Dewatering Screw Press (DSP), including customised polymer optimisation, the business bought the plant to immediately capitalise on savings from greatly reduced disposal costs.
Dewatering Screw Press (DSP) treating 100 kg/hr of DAF feed sludge at 10% dry solids (DS) produced dewatered cake at 18.6% DS.
MAK WATER KEY SOLUTIONS
- Plug and play dewatering equipment
- Simple automated solution with low operator input
- Easily integrated to existing process
- Polymer optimisation for site specific sludge producing maximum DS cake
- Robust and low energy equipment
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Successful pre-purchase pilot. Captial investment risk mitigated with trial. Success quickly justified the purchase.
- 18.6% DS cake. Dry cake with high solids content achieved, enabling business to instantly save on sludge disposal costs.
- Fast delivery. Hire plant delivered and commission on site within 2 working weeks
- Fast Pilot to Production Timeframe. Once pilot plant established successful results, recommissioning it into production was done within a week.
- Technical Support. Support and assistance during commissioning and into production was seamless and allowed production to continue with minimal
- Reduced operating costs. Sludge disposal costs reduced dramatically with payback period of less than 6 months.