Oil Water Separator (OWS)
Leinster, Western Australia
MAK Water is well known as a reputable supplier of water and wastewater treatment solutions for the Australian gold mining sector, with a large installed base of water, wastewater and sewage treatment plants across Western Australia’s Goldfields.
One of Western Australia’s gold mines required an oily water treatment system to treat wastewater from the heavy (mining) vehicle wash bay for a new underground mining operation near Leinster. The company had previously purchased two (2) brackish water reverse osmosis (BWRO) plants from MAK Water several years ago to support their mining operations, and was familiar with MAK Water’s commitment to delivering a high standard of quality, reliability and aftersales support.
As the treated water was to be pumped to the process water dam for reuse, a concern was raised by the client regarding the potential for hydrocarbon-contaminated water being sent to the process water dam. To mitigate this risk, MAK Water provided a floating oil sensor in the treated water tank, to shut down the transfer pump in the event that oil was detected.
ClearmakeTM CL30 Oil Water Separator to treat 25 m3/hr of HV wash bay wastewater, including helical rotor feed pump, 500 L waste oil tank, 9 kL treated water tank and treated water transfer pump skid.
- Robust stainless steel construction
- Complete with treated water tank and transfer pump
- Floating oil detection sensor in treated water tank
- Skid mounted pumps and controllers
- Prefabricated interconnecting piping
- Easily transported to site
- Minimal installation required
- 100% designed, constructed and tested off-site
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Compliant wastewater. Water treated to comply with site specific discharge requirements
- Automated, reliable plant. Low level of operator intervention reduces client’s operating costs
- Floating oil sensor. Detects oil in the treated water tank, preventing contamination of process water dam