Gravity Clarification (GC) and Oil Water Separator (OWS)
Tourism and Leisure
Akuna Bay, New South Wales
Akuna Bay Marina in NSW required a treatment system to treat the waste stream from the Marina hardstand. The waste stream comprised general wash down of vessels during servicing and hull cleaning processes.
The site has no access to a sewer for trade waste discharge so waste water treatment was required to enable treated waste water to be discharged to the environment.
MAK Water designs plants to treat waste water from a number of marinas in Australia and used its experience to design a turnkey solution to meet the specific site requirements.
GRAVITY CLARIFICATION SYSTEM WITH OIL WATER SEPARATOR
- Fully automated system capable of treating up to 700 L/h of waste water generated from the marina hardstand
- Oil Water Separator pre-treatment for removal of oils and grease
- pH Adjustment for discharge compliance
- Slim line tanks incorporated for small footprint and to buffer the peak flows
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey solution. MAK Water designed and built a custom treatment system to meet the clients discharge and special requirements.
- Compliance. The system met environmental compliance for site disposal
- Lowest total operating cost. By treating onsite rather than having to truck waste off site for disposal, this solution has the lowest total operating cost.