Screw Separator & Grit Classifier
New South Wales
A northern NSW regional Council was seeking to upgrade their sewage treatment plant inlet works by replacing an old grit classifier that was reaching end of life. Council required a like for like replacement in order to minimise modifications to their existing infrastructure and to simplify installation and commissioning.
Key requirements included for the replacement grit classifier to have an easily replaceable liner and an automatic bagging system to capture dewatered solids and minimise odours.
The REKO Screw Separator model 190 ZS was selected for the project to meet all the replacement requirements.
- Liquid treatment capacity of 35 m3/hr
- Solids/sand handling capacity of 0.5 m3/hr
- Grit separation size: > 0.2mm
- Machine materials in SS316
- Inclusion of adapted Longopack bagging system
- Replaceable 10mm HMPE liner
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Turnkey solution. Almost identical dimensional match to existing unit for ease of installation and minimal modifications to existing infrastructure when the unit was delivered to site
- Low Maintenance. The design of the unit allows for simple and low-cost operation and maintenance