Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
Oil and Gas
Karratha, Western Australia
A Gas Plant in Karratha – home to one of the most advanced, integrated gas production systems in the world, where LNG, domestic gas, condensate and LPG is produced, approached MAK Water to assist with a new sewage treatment plant.
The sewage treatment plant was a part of a US$5 billion life extension program, to extend the life of the asset by 20 years.
MAK Water has been a long term and trusted supplier to the client; working cooperatively with their contractor during the budgeting phase, MAK Water was awarded the contract to design, manufacture, supply and commission the new sewage treatment plant.
Sewage treatment plant:
Membrane bioreactor with 2 x 50 m3/day trains.
ENGINEERING AND DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- HAZOP, safety in design, operability and constructability studies
- Detailed 3D modelling for human factors engineering
- Client specific drawing & data package, including material certificates/traceability
- Client preferred Form 4A/3B MCCs and PLCs
SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT
- Inlet works/screening, with flow balancing, mixing and odour control
- Corrosion resistant FRP bioreactor, with aerobic, anoxic and MBR zones
- Containerised ancillary equipment and control system
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Informed Buyer Model. A fit-for-purpose solution that complies with client specifications in a commercially sensible manner.
- Pre-tested, modular design. Plants were fully assembled and factory tested, and supplied with prefabricated interconnecting piping and cabling for easy site installation.
- Lowest operating cost. Plants were designed to minimise operator intervention, and fitted with remote monitoring and control capabilities.
See the wide range of Wastewater and Sewage Treatment products MAK Water can custom design and build for your project.