Moving Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR)
Tourism and Leisure
Batemans Bay, NSW
After a series of problems with its existing sewage treatment plant a large national operator of holiday parks decided to replace the plant in Batemans Bay, NSW.
The plant was required to treat deal with a very high nutrient level and treat it to meet the strict site environmental license for discharge to the environment via irrigation. Considering this was a coastal location with high corrosion issues, MAK Water delivered an innovative sewage treatment plant built from FRP to replace the steel fabricated plant that had rusted out.
The plant was designed, built and tested in MAK Water’s workshop and delivered to site with detailed installation instructions and drawings, simplifying the installation for the customer’s preferred contractor. The MAK Water team traveled to site to undertake the commissioning of the plant.
Provide a Modular Moving Bed Bioreactor (MBBR) to treat 45 m3/day of domestic strength sewage to Class C for disposal via irrigation, with enhanced nutrient removal.
MAK Water Key Solutions
- Corrosion resistant fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) bioreactor with internal plant room providing 15 year plant design life
- Class C effluent for low risk reuse applications
- Enhanced nutrient removal
- Onsite commissioning and operator training
- Ongoing service and maintenance of ASBR
- ClearAccess™ Remote Monitoring and Control
- Solution details
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Safe, Compliant Effluent. Designed around the site specific influent quality to meet the required treated effluent quality with high nutrient removal
- Technical Support. Expert advice and consultation with all parties throughout the process and ongoing plant service and maintenance by MAK Water
- Minimal Operator Requirement. High level of online monitoring and plant automation enabled the owner to reduce time spent operating the plant