Belt Filter (BF)
Food & Beverage
A pet food manufacturing facility in Western Sydney, NSW, needed to separate residual product from washdown water in a variable slurry mixture created from a daily cleaning-in-place (CIP) process. The slurry was not able to be treated in the site’s wastewater treatment plant, and therefore required filtration at the outlet source.
MAK Water was asked to provide a belt filtration trial unit to provide proof of concept to build to build a business case for capital investment.
- BF provided with 80 and 300 µm belts to provide a proof of concept and trial various configurations to optimise filtration efficiency.
- Small, compact and easily manoeuvrable unit to suit site
- Minimal modifications required to integrate trial plant into existing plant room process
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Effective Filtration. Belt filter effectively separated product from washdown water via gravity.
- Low Operating Costs. Belt filter does not require chemical addition or pumps for filtration.
- Complete Turnkey Solution. Simple, compact unit fitting into tight plant room without major modifications.
- Successful Proof of Concept. Belt filter trail demonstrated the filtration effectiveness of belt filter to provide confidence for management to approve CAPEX expenditure for permanent plant.