Sea Water Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plant Hire
Oil and Gas
Pilbara, Western Australia
As part of its Pluto project, Woodside needed to upgrade the port and associated infrastructure at the Burrup Materials Facility in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Water supply to the port facilities was insufficient for the construction contractor to complete civil and concrete works and therefore an alternative water supply was required.
The project was only forecast to last 12 months, and following completion the water demand would reduce substantially. Consequently a temporary solution was required.
MAK Water supplied a turnkey Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) Desalination Plant from its hire fleet including:
- Fully automated containerised desalination plant producing potable quality water
- Power supply and distribution network
- Feed and product water storage facilities
MAK Water’s local support team, based in Karratha, Western Australia, provided day to day plant operation backed up by MAK Water’s engineering team. Woodside was provided with:
- Reliable plant operation ensuring a continuous supply of potable water
- 24 hour support via remote monitoring
- Short response time to emergencies
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Short turnaround time. The plant was mobilised to site within a month of receiving the order.
- A turnkey solution. A turnkey package enabled Woodside to focus on its operation while MAK Water ensured reliable water supply.
- Reliability. MAK Water’s experience in providing hire desalination plants ensured seamless commissioning and reliable operation.
- Quick decommissioning. Once no longer required, the SWRO was decommissioned and returned to the hire fleet.