Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO)
Oil and Gas
Karratha, Western Australia
Woodside’s Pluto LNG plant construction project needed to guarantee potable water supply of up to one million litres per day, and being on the coast with access to sea water, reverse osmosis desalination was the obvious solution.
Woodside’s requirements were simple – they needed a supplier who would take responsibility for the design, manufacture, delivery and ongoing operations and servicing of the plant.
Whilst the project was tendered to a number of international water treatment companies, Woodside recognised the value of dealing with a local company. MAK’s proven history of quality manufacturing processes, fast delivery and efficient technical service won the project for MAK Water.
- Five separate containerised Reverse Osmosis (RO) Plants
- Each RO Plant has a production capacity of two hundred thousand litres per day
- Onsite commissioning and training of a local, Karratha based, plant operator to perform routine service and maintenance
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Quick response. Delivered on time and on budget to meet required client specifications.
- Reduced risk. With a total of five separate plants, sufficient redundancy exists in the event of one plant breaking down.
- Low maintenance downtime. With only twenty percent capacity offline at any one time, production is hardly interrupted for scheduled servicing.
- Compliance. Maintains compliance with the strict treated water quality requirements.