Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)
Infrastructure and Urban Development
As part of a facility upgrade, Hastings Deering required a new wash bay water recycling system at its Rockhampton facility.
The wash down water was largely contaminated with dirt and soil, but there were was also a small amount of oil and grease entrained in the wash down water that needed to be removed prior to re-use. Bench testing demonstrated that Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) was the lowest cost solution.
MAK Water was selected to design, manufacture, install and commission a wash bay water recycling system, working in partnership with Hastings Deering and their Project Engineers.
Dissolved Air FloTation (DAF)
- A recycling system capable of treating 10,000L per hour of wash down water
- Hydroxide precipitation, flocculation and DAF clarification removes silt, heavy metals, seeds, weeds and pests from the water
- Filters and disinfects the water to ensure it meets safe water and occupational health and safety requirements to reuse for vehicle and equipment wash down
- Supply and onsite installation of interconnecting pipework and electrical
- Fast 10-12 week delivery time
- Onsite commissioning and training of local operators, with ongoing service and maintenance agreement
RESULTS AND BENEFITS
- Lowest total operating cost. Eliminated the use of potable water for wash down and the need to discharge contaminated water to the local sewer.
- Compliance. Compliance with planning and regulatory requirements.